WHO WE ARE: CALIFIA FARMS
We’re Califia Farms (Califia, pronounced like California), the plant-powered food and beverage company of the future. Our mission is to innovate delicious plant-powered foods for mindful nourishment. We're led by beverage visionary Greg Steltenpohl, crafting, concocting and cold-brewing beautifully bottled goodness from the San Joaquin Valley. Our name comes from the Spanish legend of warrior Queen Califia, the goddess of bounty and abundance who ruled over the mythical island of California. We make our daily decisions using these five core values: Do, Learn Improve; Act Like an Owner; Challenge the Status Quo; The Bottle is Half Full; and Using our Sixth Sense (being conscious of our impact on others and the planet).
IN A SNAPSHOT:
· Founded in 2011
· Committed to our people and to our communities’ sustainability
· 180 full time staff and contracted employees
· Headquarters in Downtown L.A. Arts District and Manufacturing in Bakersfield, CA
We’re innovatively approaching company culture and team engagement. We believe in:
· Shared leadership - where team members are heard and leadership is broadly distributed
· A “People-First” mentality within our team and communities
· Empowering and investing in our staff
· A long-term commitment to sustainability and the customers we serve
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR: DIRECTOR, FP&A
You will be a passionate, progressive FP&A Leader for Califia Farms: for our mission, our team, our partners, and our community. As Director of FP&A, you will play a pivotal role in building our FP&A function. You fully embody our core values, and are dedicated to ensuring your team members are inspired – and empowered – to do the same. You have a strong background within the CPG industry, as well as a lot of experience in working with sales, marketing and executive teams. You are energized by the opportunity to report in to the CFO and to work in a fast paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment.
YOUR KEY MISSION …
· Decision support – Partner with various business teams to provide value-added KPIs, performance reporting and decision support (business cases, investment prioritization, product launches, customer/product profitability, etc.). Provide standard and ad hoc analysis; look for new ways to analyze the business and drive improved performance.
· Planning and forecasting process – Lead monthly, quarterly, annual and/or long-term planning and forecasting. Implement complex financial models to enable robust detailed forecasting, annual and long range planning.
· Facilitate negotiation strategy for Sales and Marketing – Proactively initiate creative and rigorous ad hoc analyses and projects for new products, customers and geographies.
· In-depth financial, variance and trending analysis – Lead these activities for all areas of the business. Interpret results and articulate actionable recommendations to ensure financial plans are achieved.
· Visibility into Opportunities and Risks – Provide thought leadership on how to maximize opportunities and mitigate risks.
· Strong Connections – Build relationships between various business teams to ensure their business plans are aligned with corporate strategies and investments.
· Thought Leadership - Lead capability development and training (process and/or financial), as well as coaching to develop greater financial acumen in the business and across the organization. Enable strategic support and financial processes. Lead reporting/analytical system selection and implementation.
WHY OUR TEAM COULD BE RIGHT FOR YOU
We walk the walk.
We recently took 70 team members to a retreat in Ojai for two days of digging into and crafting our core values and our manifesto for Califia Farms’ mission and value statements. We believe in the power of shared leadership and providing the platform for any team member to participate in shaping the future of Califia.
We’re growing sustainably.
In the first four years, our company has seen over 100% growth each year. We’re on track for continued rapid expansion in 2016, but we’re not just interested in growing our financial bottom line. With this rapid growth, we’re highly committed to the sustainability
WHAT YOU BRING
· Hustle. You’re ready to hit the ground running as we continue to grow in numbers, as well as scale our work. Ideally you’ve thrived in an entrepreneurial environment and have experience developing new systems, and cultivating people and culture at a critical point in an organization's expansion.
· Education and Experience. You have your BA/BS, MBA strongly preferred. You have 6+ years of progressive experience in FP&A or Business Analysis.
· Industry Knowledge. You have experience in FP&A in the Consumer Products realm.
· Adaptability & A Flexibility. You can handle any curveball, and in fact, you expect them. You’re strategic yet have the ability to pivot quickly as priorities shift and the team continues to take shape.
· Collaboration. You’re a self-starting collaborator with an unwavering commitment to excellence and particular attention to quality and detail.
· Strategic Decision Making. You thrive in a rapid growth environment where you can press forward quickly with big ideas, though you understand this often requires recognizing when it is required to take a step back and create proactive strategic plans that empower your team members. This role isn’t for the meek; we want excitement, not reluctance when a big decision needs to be made or you’re asked to make a tough call.
· Tools. You have experience selecting and/or implementing analytical and reporting tools. You have a high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint). Ross experience a plus.
· Courage & Integrity. You’re not afraid to try big ideas, and to let them fail. You always have your team’s best interest in mind.
· Humble Leadership. You’re an approachable, active listener who inspires trust and confidence from leaders and individual contributors. Your ego is secondary; you lead by example, embodying the notion of personal responsibility and encouraging others to build-on your ideas, challenging them and expanding them.
· Coaching Expertise. You know when and how to lead directly, and when to develop and enable managers to lead effectively. You don’t stand on the fringes, instead you provide mentorship and opportunities for growth and development.