Distributed Manufacturing Manager
WHO WE ARE: CALIFIA FARMS
We’re Califia Farms (Califia, pronounced like California), the plant-powered food and beverage company of the future. Our mission is to innovate delicious plant-powered foods for mindful nourishment. We're led by beverage visionary Greg Steltenpohl, crafting, concocting and cold-brewing beautifully bottled goodness from the San Joaquin Valley. Our name comes from the Spanish legend of warrior Queen Califia, the goddess of bounty and abundance who ruled over the mythical island of California. We make our daily decisions using these six core values: Do, Learn Improve; Act Like an Owner; Challenge the Status Quo; The Bottle is Half Full; We, Not I; and Using our Sixth Sense (being conscious of our impact on others and the planet).
In a snapshot:
· Founded in 2011
· 180 full time staff and contracted employees
· Headquarters in Downtown L.A. Arts District and Manufacturing in Bakersfield, CA
· We are committed to our people and to our communities’ sustainability
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: DISTRIBUTED MANUFACTURING MANAGER
Status: Full-Time Regular Status
Reports To: Director, Supply Chain
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Bakersfield Manufacturing Plant
Division(s): Califia Farms, LLC
Schedule: Days; Exempt
The primary responsibility of the Co-Manufacturing Manager is to handle all aspects of securing and maintaining goods and services for the production of Califia products at a co-pack facility or forward warehouse. Position will serve as a liaison between the Sales/Marketing teams, planning team, operations and supply chain teams to assure continuity in the supply of finished goods for co-manufactured items.
· Procure ingredients and packaging materials for all co-packed items.
· Identify and contract co-pack facilities as needed to meet the company’s needs.
· Manage and mitigate all quality related issued at co-manufacturing facilities.
· Mitigate all invoice/supply related issues with co-pack facilities.
· Communicate all materials issues to key stakeholders (Production, Warehouse, Accounting and Customer Service).
· Manage raw material inventory levels to ensure inventory is available to meet scheduled production demands.
· Assist and support the co-manufacturing team with all procurement related issues.
· Communicate effectively with all levels of management.
· Effectively and efficiently manage production scheduling at co-pack facilities.
· Other duties as assigned
· 10+ years’ experience in co-manufacturing or other related supply chain positions.
· Knowledge of the purchase of food commodities both domestic and foreign.
· Knowledge and understanding of HACCP and food manufacturing.
· Good Communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
· Knowledge of ERP, MPS and MRP systems (ROSS preferred).
· Microsoft Office, Excel and Word experience.
· College Degree or related work experience.
· Travel – 15% or less.
· Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks with multiple priorities in a changing environment.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the application's position in the subject line. Thanks!