You’ve heard it before — breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Why not awaken your taste buds with something simple yet satisfying? Whether you make these for a weekday breakfast, a boozy Sunday brunch or just for an all-American snack, these fluffy flapjacks will make you feel good about forking down stacks on stack.
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of Califia Farms Vanilla Almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Handful of fresh berries
- Mix the baking powder, sugar, flour and salt in a bowl.
- Pour the Almondmilk in a glass. Add vinegar and whisk thoroughly. Allow this mixture to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Set your skillet, griddle or pancake iron to medium heat.
- Combine the Almondmilk and vinegar mixture with coconut oil and vanilla into your bowl of dry ingredients. Stir with a spoon or whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- When your batter is complete and your surface is heated, add a tablespoon of coconut oil. When the oil is melted and distributed evenly, add your batter.
- Once the bubbles rising through your batter stop opening and closing, flip your pancake and cook the other side.
- When both sides of the pancake are cooked, remove and enjoy.
Are your pancakes Insta-worthy? We bet. Tag @CalifiaFarms to show us what you’ve got.