Nothing says football season quite like a dip, but our vegan “queso” is one you may not have had before. Guilt-free but full of good-for-you spices, this pairs deliciously with chips or serves as a cheesy spread. Try it in your burritos, breakfast scrambles, sandwiches, and beyond. Score!
- 2 cups cashews
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro (stems + leaves)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (seeds + all)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive, canola, or grapeseed oil
- 3/4 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk
- Soak cashews in about three cups of water over night, or for at least eight hours.
- In a food processor, place drained, soaked cashews, chipotle peppers, garlic, jalapeño, tomatoes, yeast, cumin, chili powder, turmeric, salt, lime juice, and oil. Pulse until a cohesive paste forms. Push down and redistribute ingredients throughout your food processor.
- Turn your processor to the “on” position and drizzle in Almondmilk until a creamy, smooth dip forms. This will give you a spread about the consistency of hummus. If you’d like something even more liquid, add a few tablespoons of water at a time and blend again until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Serve room temperature or warmed (heat in microwave for about 20-30 seconds and stir vigorously) with chips, veggies or crackers!
How’d your queso turn out? Tag @CalifiaFarms + #CalifiaFarms to let us know.