Struggling to decide between a cocktail and a coffee? This light libation from our friend Val (valcohol.co) is the perfect solution. Smooth Concentrated Cold Brew, stimulating rosemary, energizing grapefruit and a touch of cask aged French brandy mingle together to create a complex yet refreshing beverage. Whether you’re crafting one to treat yourself or several to share with a group, this drink is sure to perk up the party.
- 2 oz Califia Farms Concentrated Cold Brew
- 1 oz French V.S.O.P. Brandy
- 1 oz homemade rosemary syrup*
- Dash of grapefruit bitters
- Club soda, to top
- Grapefruit slice and rosemary sprig, for garnish
- Mix all ingredients other than soda and garnish in a shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled and frothy.
- Strain into a tall glass over ice, top with a splash of club soda and garnish with fresh grapefruit and rosemary.
- Serve with a straw and enjoy!
*To create rosemary syrup, heat ½ cup pure cane sugar and two cups water in a small saucepan until sugar dissolves. Add 3 – 4 fresh rosemary sprigs and simmer for about five minutes (taste the syrup to make sure you’ve achieved the desired flavor strength). Remove rosemary with a slotted spoon and allow syrup to cool to room temperature before using in the cocktail. Store excess in the fridge for up to three weeks.