It's soup weather! Stay warm + cozy with this turmeric cauliflower soup. It's full of healthful goodies + flavor with our immunity heroes, turmeric, ginger + garlic doing their thing. Chef's tip: make a big batch + freeze for later.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 medium sweet apple (such as Fuji), cored + diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled + minced
- 5 cups chopped cauliflower (about 1 medium head)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons yellow miso paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Creamer, plus extra for garnish
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, for garnish
In a heavy-bottomed pot, warm the coconut oil over medium-low heat. Add the onions and carrots and saute until softened, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in the apple, garlic, and ginger, and cook for one minute longer. Stir in the cauliflower, turmeric, red pepper, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, and ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, and pour in the water. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to a low simmer, and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, then remove from heat.
Working in batches as needed, transfer the soup to a blender, and add the miso paste, lemon juice, and ½ cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Creamer. Blend until completely smooth. To serve, pour warm soup into bowls and top with a drizzle of Califia Farms Unsweetened Creamer and a sprinkle of black sesame seeds.
Makes about 8 cups/ Serves 6