Who says you can’t enjoy some old-fashioned macaroni and cheese without the dairy? Our plant-based mac and cheese is vegan-friendly and tastes just as good as Grandma’s. Don’t worry — we won’t tell her you said so.
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast powder
- 1.5 cups Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 2.5 cups shredded vegan cheddar
- 1 box shell pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until softened.
- Next, heat the olive oil in the saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until softened.
- Stir in salt, cayenne, and turmeric until well combined.
- Gradually whisk in the Almondmilk, flour and yeast and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the Almondmilk mixture to a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Then, add the vegan cheddar and stir occasionally until it melts.
- Strain cooked pasta. Add the pasta to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Top with additional cheese and breadcrumbs. Voilà!
So now you’re a mac and cheese expert, right? Tag @CalifiaFarms to let us know.