As temperatures rise and the days get longer, finding a reliable way to cool down is completely, absolutely, 100%, necessary. Especially on the Summer Solstice — the longest day of the year (that's today)! Finding a patch of shade helps, but a chill drink is more delicious (and we'd argue more enjoyable).
That's where we come in. We have seven Califia-infused drinks that will help you cool off, keep the BBQ invites rolling in, and have friends asking for your recipes all summer. Feel free to play it off like you've secretly been a mixologist the whole time, or you could pay it forward and share this list with them.
Check these recipes that are great for enjoyment any time. All you need to do is dust off the liquor cabinet, grab some of our juices, plant milks, or cold brews, and get to mixing! Also, no need to take these recipes too literally — if adding something else strikes your fancy, by all means, freestyle!
1. Strawberry Basil Margarita
- Strawberry Basil Agua Fresca
- Triple Sec
- Strawberry, for garnish (optional)
2. Royal Rumchata
- Dash of cinnamon on top, for garnish (optional)
3. Spicy Citrus Margarita
- Meyer Lemonade
- Grand Marnier
- Fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Lime slice, for garnish (optional)
- Cayenne + Salt (for the rim, optional)
4. The Califian Screwdriver
- Tangerine Juice
- Tangerine slice, for garnish (optional)
5. Hangover-free Ginger Mojito
- Ginger Limeade
- Lime seltzer
- Muddled mint leaves (use the curved side of a spoon if you don't have a muddler)
6. Val's Spiked Cold Brew
Our friend Val, of valcohol.co, created this delicious Concentrated Cold Brew-based cocktail for us a while back, but it's 100% appropriate right this minute. We think you should mix one up and see for yourself.
- 2 oz Califia Farms Concentrated Cold Brew
- 1 oz French V.S.O.P. Brandy
- 1 oz homemade rosemary syrup*
- Dash of grapefruit bitters
- Club soda, to top
- Grapefruit slice and rosemary sprig, for garnish
*How to make the rosemary syrup: heat ½ cup pure cane sugar and two cups water in a small saucepan until sugar dissolves. Add 3 – 4 fresh rosemary sprigs and simmer for about five minutes (taste the syrup to make sure you’ve achieved the desired flavor strength). Remove rosemary with a slotted spoon and allow syrup to cool to room temperature before using in the cocktail. Store excess in the fridge for up to three weeks.
7. Green Machine Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh kale
- 2 cups Original Almondmilk
- 2 cups pineapple, cubed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 banana
- Handful of ice