Creamy can still be healthy. Case in post: Oh, Ladycakes' recipe for brown rice pasta with a creamy, dreamy hemp-seed avo sauce. Dig in, guilt-free.
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves (or any leafy green)
- 1/2 cup (65g) hemp seeds
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup (104g) Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons (32g) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (11g) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (8g) nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon (2g) fine sea salt
- 8 ounces brown rice pasta
- 2 cups cooked spinach, roughly chopped
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- Sautéed mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- Cracked pepper
Add all the ingredients for the sauce to the base of a high-powered blender (such as a Vitamix) and blend until smooth and creamy; about 1 minute. Transfer sauce to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use; will keep for up to five days.
When you’re ready to serve, divide pasta between bowls and top with sauce. Top with spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, hemp seeds, and season with salt and pepper. Sauce can also be warmed, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings