Lily of Clean Food, Dirty City knows how to amp up a coffee lover’s brunch. At our latest Brunch With Califia, hosted in New York City, our girl prepared a wide range of bites to be served alongside our latest and greatest cold brews. One of the best edible treats? Mocha chocolate chip waffles.
- 2 ¼ cup Nitro Cold Brew Mocha
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur gluten free all purpose flour (or any gf all purpose flour)
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt or sea salt
- ⅓ cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
*This recipe makes 4 - 6 large Belgian waffles, depending on the size of your iron.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk and vinegar; set aside for a few minutes. Whisk in the Califia Farms Mocha Nitro Cold Brew, maple syrup, oil and vanilla.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, espresso powder, flaxseed, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips. Add the wet to the dry and mix well.
- Once your waffle iron is preheated, add about ½ cup of batter into the waffle iron (this will vary depending on the iron you are using). Cook until crispy and golden. Serve immediately topped with maple syrup. Enjoy!