You can throw almost anything in these easy plant-based frittata cups fit for breakfast, lunch + dinner. Better Half + garbanzo bean flour builds a smooth, fluffy base combined with taste-makers like garlic, onion + pepper to flavor up our cups. Plus, they're freezer + lunchbox friendly.
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- ¾ cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Better Half
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups (packed) baby kale leaves
- 2 roasted red bell peppers (fresh or jarred), cut into ½-inch dice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray 8 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix together the garbanzo bean flour, nutritional yeast, salt, + thyme. Add the Califia Farms Unsweetened Better Half, lemon juice + 1 tablespoon olive oil, whisk until well combined.
Warm the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan. Add the onions, + sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, + sauté for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the kale + cook, stirring, until the kale is wilted, about a minute longer. Remove from heat. Stir the vegetables into the garbanzo bean mixture, along with the roasted bell peppers and walnuts. Transfer the mixture to the 8 sprayed muffin cups, filling in an even layer. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until top is slightly golden, and the center has set.
Let frittata cups cool in the pan for a minimum of 5 minutes before removing with a knife – may be enjoyed hot or cold. If storing, wrap or cover frittatas + refrigerate for up to 4 days, reheating if desired.