Buttery blondies without the butter? You better believe it. Our go-to baking guru over at Oh, Ladycakes whipped up these chewy, chocolatey, almond-y blondies with all of the good stuff, and none of the bad stuff.
- 3/4 cup (156g) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (10g) potato starch
- 2 tablespoons (22g) refined coconut oil, melted (but not hot)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (6g) pure vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons (84g) Califia Farms Original Almondmilk, warm
- 1/2 cup (128g) almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon (2g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) fine sea salt
- 1 cup (140g) unbleached flour
- Dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Raw almonds, roughly chopped
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a 5×8″ baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and potato starch, followed by the coconut oil and vanilla extract; mix for about 30 seconds to ensure the starch absorbs any excess oil. Whisk in the Almondmilk, until completely combined, then whisk in the almond butter and mix until smooth (it should thicken to about the consistency of cake batter, but will depend on the almond butter you use). Add the baking powder, sea salt, and flour, and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula, just until combined.
Scoop the batter into the prepared pan then level with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with chocolate chunks, chopped almonds, and sea salt flakes (if desired). Bake at 350˚F for 34-38 minutes. For chewier blondies, bake for 28-30 minutes. For blondies that are completely baked through, bake for the full 38 minutes.
Once baked, transfer pan to a wire rack to cool. After 10 minutes, lift bars out of the pan (this is why lining with parchment is important) and cool completely. Cut into 8 squares and store in an air tight container. Will keep for up to one week.
Yield: 8 blondies