Maybe you don’t love coffee, or you think you’ve had too much of it — we don’t judge. Either way, our Matcha Almondmilk is a smooth, slightly sweet caffeine alternative that also works wonders in recipes. Our friend Addie of Chickpea in the City whipped up these Matcha Coconut Cake Balls, and they’re too good not to share far and wide. Try them at home (no baking required!), and check out her blog for more magical recipes.
- 1 box of Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 tablespoon spirulina powder
- ½ Califia Farms Matcha Almondmilk
- 1 tablespoon ceremonial grade matcha powder, organic
- 3-4 tablespoons melted organic, unrefined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut shavings, unsweetened
- Mix cake mix, spirulina powder, Almondmilk, matcha powder, coconut oil and vanilla together in a large ball of dough.
- Place into freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Take out of the freezer and scoop into 1 tablespoon sized balls.
- Place coconut shavings into a shallow dish. Roll each ball into the coconut, lightly coating each one.
- Place onto a baking sheet or into a glass Tupperware container and pop back into the freezer for at least 2-3 hours until very firm.